24-Hour Heat Pump Service in Morrow & Surrounding Areas
Heat pumps are unique because they act as both a heating unit in the winter and a cooling unit in the summer! Because your unit is working almost all year long to keep you comfortable, you may run into an issue a time or two in its lifetime that needs to be repaired. Unfortunately, this can happen at the most inconvenient times—2 a.m. on the hottest day of the year or while family is visiting for the holidays. Luckily, if you are in the Morrow, Ohio area, Rick’s Heating & Cooling has you covered!
For emergency heat pump repair service, contact the experts at Rick’s Heating & Cooling! We can repair your heat pump day or night!
Signs That Your Heat Pump Needs to Be Repaired
Our technicians at Rick’s Heating & Cooling are the Ohio experts when it comes to heat pump repair. Call us if you have any of the following problems with your heat pump.
- Unit is not heating or cooling – If your heat pump is producing less heat than it usually does (or no heat at all) it probably has low refrigerant charge caused by a leak or improper installation. It could also have low air or water flow rates. It’s even possible your heat pump doesn’t need repair at all – it’s just the wrong size!
- Heat pump doesn’t operate in heating mode – Occasionally (but rarely) heat pumps won’t operate well when you switch them over to heating mode. This can be caused by a number of things, from a low pressure lock-out to a stuck reversing valve or even total compressor failure.
- Your heating costs are up – If your heat pump is losing efficiency, you may have improper control settings or you could be using your thermostat improperly.
- Your compressor is frozen – Heat pump compressors go through natural freeze-defrost cycles constantly throughout the winter (they have defrost timers for this exact reason). However, if your heat pump freezes and doesn’t defrost, it may be due to inadequate elevation of the heat pump, especially in areas where snowfall can block drainage of condensation and cause it to freeze in the unit. Frozen heat pumps can also be caused by dirty air filters in the spring.
Why Call Rick’s Heating & Cooling for Heat Pump Repair Service?
Rick’s Heating & Cooling has been providing HVAC service in the southwestern Ohio area since 1986. Our main goal is to provide dependable, professional service and treat our customers with a level of respect that they won’t find with other companies. We schedule all of our appointments within a two hour window, and we’ll always call ahead so you won’t be left waiting around all day for a heat pump repair technician.
At Rick’s, we want to be the only HVAC company you ever need! We are a full service heating and cooling company that can assist you with all of your heating and cooling needs.
Our other heat pump services include:
- Heat pump installation
- Heat pump replacement
- Heat pump maintenance
- Dual fuel heat pump installation & services
No matter what problems your heat pump is having, Rick’s Heating & Cooling should be the first ones you call! Our heat pump repair experts have been fixing heat pumps throughout the Maineville, Morrow, Lebanon, Mason and Cincinnati, Ohio area for decades, and can repair yours too! For heat pump repair—any time of day—call the HVAC experts by giving us a call or contact us online!