If you have been putting off having your air conditioner maintained, you may want to reconsider. There is nothing worse than having your air conditioner break down on the hottest day of the year, and unfortunately that is exactly when it is likely to happen. Regular maintenance can bring many benefits to your air conditioning system.
Why Schedule Regular AC Maintenance?
Scheduling annual air conditioner tune-ups can extend the lifespan of your equipment in addition to saving you money over the course of cooling season. The primary benefits of having your air conditioner serviced are:
- Reduced costs – While it may seem like a costly practice to have someone come out and maintain your system, it really can save you money in the long term. An air conditioner that is clogged with dirt and debris, has leaking parts, or low refrigerant, could cost you up to 30 percent more in cooling costs (compared to a system that is regularly cleaned and maintained).
- Increased energy-efficiency – When your air conditioner is dirty, whether it be the coils or the filter, it will need to work harder to cool your home. Not only will this cause a rise in energy costs but it will also put more stress on your air conditioner. Regular maintenance will ensure that your system is working to its full efficiency, without you having to experience unexpected breakdowns.
- Improved lifespan – A system that is well maintained can live a lot longer than a system that is left to its own devices. It is like a car, if you take care of it by servicing and maintaining it, it may live up to its life expectancy or beyond.
- Improved health – When you have dirty filters, coils, and ducts, these dirt and allergens end up inside your home. The dirt and allergens can than cause reoccurring sickness and respiratory irritation to those living in your home. Regular maintenance can help reduce the dirt and allergens within your system, giving your homes indoor air quality a regular boost.
- Increased safety – Air conditioner systems are full of electrical parts and unless you are a HVAC expert, it can be hard to know what to look for when it comes to deterioration and safety hazards. Regular maintenance will include a complete check of your air conditioner and will make sure all parts are working safely. Any parts that are worn or hazardous are repaired or replaced, keeping your home safe.
Schedule AC Maintenance from Rick’s Heating & Cooling
The benefits that come with regular AC maintenance far outweigh the small cost of having your air conditioner regularly maintained. If you are looking for air conditioner experts that can help keep your system working to its full efficiency throughout the summer season, contact us today!