When it comes to a little R&R, there’s almost nothing more relaxing than taking off your shoes, kicking back, and enjoying a nice nap on the couch or reading a book in your favorite chair. Many homeowners find comfort and relaxation in their home—as they should! But, low humidity levels throughout your home can affect the way you relax, your peace of mind, and have a negative effect on your overall health.
One way to solve the issue of low moisture levels in your house is to install a whole-house humidifier. Installed to work in conjunction with your home’s heating and cooling system, whole-house humidifiers regulate humidity levels throughout your home, unlike portable units that must be moved from room to room. Not only do portable units not have the flexibility of a whole-house humidifier, their filters and water tanks must often be changed or emptied.
So, how beneficial is a whole-house humidifier to your and your family’s health? We explore some of the health benefits of these in-home comfort systems below!
7 Health Benefits of Installing a Whole-House Humidifier
- Your immune system is stronger. Did you know that the human respiratory system has a mucus membrane that defends our body from germs and viruses? When humidity levels are low, this membrane dries out and significantly reduces your body’s ability to combat illnesses.
- You sleep better. Whole-house humidifiers keep the humidity levels in your home at optimal levels—typically between 40 – 50 percent—and helps prevent your throat from becoming irritated and dry. Families with whole-house humidifiers not only sleep better because they are physically healthier, but because they are not woken up as frequently by sore throats, coughing, or sneezing. Additionally, you will feel much more comfortable in your home than without a whole-house humidifier, making it easier to fall asleep at night.
- Cold, flu, and allergy symptoms are less severe. Although there is no escaping the common cold, flu, or even seasonal allergies, a whole-house humidifier can significantly reduce the severity of your symptoms. When your body is dehydrated (a common symptom of being sick or having allergies), coughing, sneezing, sore throats, and a general itchy feeling are heightened.
- Your skin is healthier. One of the first organs to dry out in low humidity levels is your skin. By installing a whole-house humidifier, you can have much healthier, radiant skin. Proper humidity levels also reduce the severity of symptoms of common skin irritations, such as chapped lips, Eczema.
- You are more energetic. When humidity levels are too high in our home, we tend to feel more lethargic and depressed. Installing a whole-house humidifier not only ensures the humidity in your home is not too low, but also too high. It will automatically monitor humidity levels inside your property and adjust your home’s HVAC system accordingly.
- You are less likely to catch ill. Many viruses thrive in high humidity, allowing cells to reproduce rapidly and spread throughout your home. You can avoid many common illnesses by installing a whole-house humidifier in your household!
- Your body is not exposed to as much bacteria, mold, mildew, and other allergens. Many of the common viruses and illnesses affecting you in your home are airborne, meaning they are caught by breathing in contaminated air. Bacteria, mold, mildew, and allergens (ragweed, pollen, pet dandruff, etc.) can all be eliminated with the addition of a whole-house humidifier.
Whole-House Humidifier Installation in Ohio
- Spray mist humidifiers
- Flow-through humidifiers
- Drum humidifiers
Call us today—513-899-6005!