Furnace & Heat Pump Tune-Ups Also in Morrow, OH & Surrounding Areas
Are you looking for ways to increase heating efficiency and extend the life of your furnace or heat pump? Heating system maintenance at the start of every heating season is a great way to accomplish these goals. Taking good care of your heating system has the same results as conducting regular oil changes in your car—better performance and prolonged life.
To learn more about our heat pump and furnace maintenance in Cincinnati and the surrounding areas, give us a call at 513-899-6005 or contact us online!
Our Heating System Maintenance Process
We perform an industry-approved list of tasks to ensure that every aspect of your heating system is functioning properly and will continue to run smoothly throughout the heating season.
- Change the air filter – A clean filter promotes better airflow to prevent putting undue strain on the heating equipment.
- Lubricate moving parts – This reduces friction, thus helping the heater run smoothly and efficiently.
- Tighten electrical connections – Loose connections can be dangerous. By tightening them, a technician helps support safe operation.
- Check the condensate drain – Condensing furnaces produce a waste liquid called condensate. Normally, this drips into a pan and drains away. If the pipe becomes clogged, the pan could overflow. That’s why during heating system maintenance, the technician checks for clogs and clears the drain if necessary.
- Clean the blower – A clean motor encourages smoother operation and cleaner indoor air.
- Verify correct thermostat settings – A heat pump thermostat must correctly lock out cooling when calling for heat and vice versa. The technician verifies this if you have a heat pump. For a thermostat controlling a furnace, the technician checks the calibration to promote efficient operation.
- Check fuel connections and gas pressure – If connections aren’t tight or the gas pressure is off, your heater could be a fire hazard. By double checking these areas, the technician puts your mind at ease.
- Check for proper operation – The startup, operation, and run cycles need to function correctly for safe, efficient performance.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking a heating system inspection is nothing more than wiping down a few surfaces and making sure the thermostat controls the temperature properly. There’s much more to maintaining your HVAC equipment.
To schedule heating system maintenance in Cincinnati or throughout Southwestern Ohio, contact Rick’s Heating & Cooling online!
Benefits of Heating System Maintenance in Cincinnati
When performed annually, these tasks offer significant benefits to you as a homeowner, including:
- Heightened energy efficiency – Maintenance tasks keep heating equipment in great shape, which improves efficiency. In many cases, improved heater performance pays homeowners back for their investment in annual maintenance.
- Better home comfort – When overall performance improves, so does home comfort. Expect consistent temperatures and predictable operation from a well-maintained heater.
- Fewer breakdowns – Annual inspections make it easy to catch problems in their infancy so they can be fixed before they worsen. For example, a technician can replace a frayed belt before it snaps and causes more damage to other components.
- Longer equipment lifespan – Like any other type of mechanical equipment, you can expect your heater to last longer when you take good care of it.
Schedule Heating System Maintenance in the Cincinnati Area
Rick’s Heating & Cooling has been the premier source for HVAC services in Southwestern Ohio since 1986. In addition to maintenance, we also perform heating system installations, repairs and replacements.
We understand that your time is very valuable, so we schedule all appointments with a 2-hour window frame with the availability of a call-ahead so you are not just sitting around waiting on a service technician.
We provide heating tune-ups in the following areas in Ohio:
- Warren County
- Butler County
- Hamilton County
- Clermont County
- Clinton County
- And more!
Contact us online today or give us a call at 513-899-6005 to schedule heat pump or furnace maintenance in Cincinnati, Morrow, or the surrounding areas.