A dual fuel heat pump is one of the most energy efficient HVAC systems currently available on the market. They accurately cool homes during the hot, humid summers and provide energy efficient heating during the winter.
If you’re having issues with your dual fuel heat pump, be sure to call the experts at Rick’s Heating & Cooling! Our technicians are professionally trained and can diagnose and repair all types of dual fuel heat pumps. Contact us today to schedule your repairs in Amelia, Lebanon, Maineville, or Morrow, Ohio.
How Does a Dual Fuel Heat Pump Work?
A dual fuel heat pump is an electric heat pump that relies on extra heating capacity from a gas or oil furnace. Like a heat pump, a dual fuel heat pump uses electricity to transfer heat between the indoors and out. During the summer your heat pump uses a special coolant to move unwanted heat from indoor areas to the outdoors, and reverses to heat indoor areas during the winter. Since heat pumps rely on the transfer of heat (not producing heat, like a furnace) when temperatures dip below freezing—as they often do in Ohio—your furnace compensates for the lost heating capacity of the heat pump.
Signs Your Dual Fuel Heat Pump Needs Repair
The typical lifespan of a furnace is 10 to 15 years, and the average lifespan of a heat pump can range between 12 to 16 years. However, like a car that is older than 10 years old, your hybrid heating system may need occasional repairs. Contact Rick’s Heating & Cooling to schedule repairs if you experience any of the following warning signs:
- You notice inconsistent temperatures in your home
- You notice strange noises coming from your furnace
- You notice higher monthly utility costs (gas, oil, and/or electricity)
- You notice your heat pump won’t turn on
- You notice your heat pump freezes over
- You notice your HVAC system constantly turns on and off
- You notice your circuit breaker trips repeatedly
It’s important to contact a local HVAC contractor when your heat pump or furnace is experiencing problems. At Rick’s Heating & Cooling we treat each customer like family—call us at 513-899-6005 to schedule service in Amelia, Lebanon, Maineville, or Morrow, Ohio.
Why Call Rick’s for Heat Pump & Furnace Service in Ohio?
Rick’s is a full service heating and cooling company that can assist you in heat pump and furnace repairs, including hybrid heating systems such as the dual fuel heat pump. We offer:
- Heating and Cooling Services
- New Heating or Cooling System Installation or Replacement
- Free Estimates on New Heating and Cooling Installations and Replacements
- Financing Available for Qualifying Heating and Cooling Installations or Repair
- New Construction HVAC Installation Specialists
- All HVAC Service Related Issues
- 24/7 Emergency HVAC Services
- Service Maintenance Agreements
- Installing and Replacing Air Cleaners
Contact us today!