Indoor air quality has become one of the hottest topics in HVAC and home efficiency in the past few years. But as a homeowner, you might be feeling somewhat out of the loop. Why does it matter? Why should you care? The professionals at Rick’s Heating & Cooling are here to talk about the important role indoor quality plays in your comfort, and why you should consider scheduling a service.
Why Indoor Air Quality Matters
The air inside of your home is many times more dense with pollutants than outdoor air. All of the dust, pollen, mold spores, and bacteria that we find outside—it’s in your home, too. And once there, multiple things prevent it from getting out.
Modern homes have become heavily sealed in order to maximize efficiency and home comfort, and while that’s great from an HVAC and energy savings standpoint, it creates some problems when it comes to the quality of your indoor air. Pollutants come in and stay in, resulting in respiratory complications and messy homes that can be exceptionally challenging to keep up with.
This is why indoor air quality matters and why the industry has been fast tracking stronger and more effective technology to help us combat our poor air quality.
The Importance of an Indoor Air Quality Service
In a nutshell, it’s all about getting fresh air in, getting pollutants out, and controlling humidity levels in order to maximize your comfort while optimizing efficiency. We understand that all feels a bit vague, so let’s dive into the benefits you can gain from scheduling an IAQ service:
- Healthier home air. Air quality solutions like filtration systems and air cleaners aim to remove and mitigate most of the common spore-sized particles we deal with in our homes. This means cleaner, fresher air, and a lot less mess around the home.
- Less odors. By removing mold spores and common bacteria (as well as particles left by household cooking and cleaning chemicals), your home will smell much cleaner on top of actually being much cleaner.
- Higher HVAC efficiency. Keeping dust and pollen out of your air benefits more than just your lungs. Less of this mess in your air means less of it in your HVAC filter, ducts, and the system as a whole. This can help streamline airflow, helping the system get its job done more efficiently.
- Higher comfort levels. Controlling humidity offers particularly strong benefits to homeowners in Cincinnati and the surrounding areas. Our AC systems and furnaces both sap indoor air of vital moisture, leaving skin scratchy and our respiratory systems feeling dry. With a humidifier, you can expect an easier time breathing, and you may even avoid common allergy issues.
- Less health risks and potentially less illness. Minimizing mold and bacteria, as well as dust mites, has been proven an effective means of helping homeowners avoid many forms of illness. If you’re tired of struggling with seasonal colds or a consistent cough, indoor air quality may help.
Indoor Air Quality Services in the Cincinnati Area
Starting to feel like an indoor air quality service in Cincinnati might be just the thing you’ve been looking for? Contact the certified IAQ specialists at Rick’s Heating & Cooling! Our teams offer air cleaner services, duct sealing, humidity control, and more. No matter what challenges your home may face, we’ve got the solution and service to match.
Contact us online today or give us a call at (513) 899-6005 to schedule an indoor air quality consultation!