Air ducts are one of the most important items when it comes to keeping your home comfortable. Air ducts transfer the warm or cool air throughout the home. If the ducts are poorly insulated, have holes, or are damaged in some way, it could result in a number of problems.
First, it could result in higher energy bills. Because air from your system is being leaked through holes and tears, your system could be working harder than it should. This could result in your system:
- Breaking down
- Having a shorter life than it should
Learn the signs as to when you should have your ductwork repaired to keep your heating and air conditioner living longer and breaking down less.
How to Check Your Air Ducts
Checking your ductwork is easy to do and can be done yourself; however, we do recommend you schedule maintenance service with your local HVAC contractor to have a professional inspect your system and ductwork. Next time you turn on your heating or cooling unit, inspect your ducts using these tips to make sure your system can run efficiently:
- Visually inspect your ducts for air leaks. If you notice cobwebs blowing or can hear air escaping from your piping, you may have a hole that needs to be fixed immediately. Schedule duct sealing to fix the problem!
- Asses the age of your ductwork. In Ohio, summers can be humid, which can cause ductwork to corrode and tear. Contact your local HVAC contractor to find out if it is time to replace your ductwork.
- Take photos of the inside of your ducts. This can easily be done with any cell phone by removing the vents and reaching into your ducts. With the flash on, snap a few pictures. Check your pictures for warning signs such as:
- Mice or bugs
- Any other alarming obstacles
If you see anything in your air ducts, contact a licensed professional to repair your air ducts.
Repair Your Ductwork
Repairing your ductwork is easy. For minor problems and repairs, simply contact a licensed HVAC professional to properly assess the damage and fix the problem. Avoid trying to fix repairs on your own, for you may make a tear larger and need to replace the whole pipe.
For larger repairs, you may need to install new ductwork in your home. Hiring a licensed professional to install your ducts will guarantee you are getting proper sized air ducts to prevent future issues with sizing.
Contact Rick’s Heating & Cooling for Ductwork Service in Ohio
Rick’s Heating & Cooling is a top HVAC company located in Morrow, Ohio. We proudly serve homes and businesses around the Cincinnati area, including but not limited to:
- South Lebanon
- West Chester
Whether your ducts need to be repaired or replaced, we can handle any project in a timely and professional matter. Contact Rick’s Heating & Cooling today to schedule ductwork repair or installation services!