Since they provide both energy efficient heating during the winter and cooling during the summer, heat pumps are the preferred heating and cooling system for many homeowners in Wyoming, Ohio. Heat pumps are so efficient because they don’t burn fuel to create heat – instead, they rely on a special kind of refrigerant to transfer heat into or out of your home, depending on the season.
The Wyoming, OH Heat Pump Repair Experts
At Rick’s Heating & Cooling, we’ve been working on heat pumps for a long time – more than 25 years! In that time, we’ve seen every possible heat pump problem, from busted motors to faulty defrost timers and everything in between. We’re Wyoming’s experts when it comes to heat pump repair. Contact us if you have any of the following problems with your heat pump:
- Inadequate heating or cooling – if your heat pump is producing less heat than it usually does (or no heat at all) it probably has low refrigerant charge caused by a leak or improper installation. It could also have low air or water flow rates. It’s even possible your heat pump doesn’t need repair at all – it’s just the wrong size!
- Heat pump doesn’t operate in heating mode – occasionally (but rarely) heat pumps won’t operate well when you switch them over to heating mode. This can be caused by a number of things, from a low pressure lock-out to a stuck reversing valve or even total compressor failure.
- Your heating costs are up – if your heat pump is losing efficiency, you may have improper control settings or you could be using your thermostat improperly.
- Your compressor is frozen – heat pump compressors go through natural freeze-defrost cycles constantly throughout the winter (they have defrost timers for this exact reason). However, if your heat pump freezes and doesn’t defrost, it may be due to inadequate elevation of the heat pump, especially in areas where snowfall can block drainage of condensation and cause it to freeze in the unit. Frozen heat pumps can also be caused by dirty air filters in the spring.
Why Call Rick’s Heating & Cooling for Heat Pump Repair?
Rick’s Heating & Cooling has been providing HVAC service in the Wyoming, Ohio area since 1986. Our main goal is to provide dependable, professional service and treat our customers with a level of respect that they won’t find with other companies. We schedule all of our appointments within a two hour window, and we’ll always call ahead so you won’t be left waiting around all day for a heat pump repair technician.
At Rick’s, we want to be the only HVAC company you ever need! We are a full service heating and cooling company that can assist you with all of your heating and cooling needs, including.
- New heating or cooling system installation or replacement
- Free estimates on new heating and cooling installations and replacements
- Available financing for qualifying heating and cooling installations or repair
- HVAC for new construction specialists
- All heating or cooling service related issues
- 24 hour/7 day HVAC service
- Preferred maintenance agreements on all HVAC products
- Addressing any indoor air quality concerns
No matter what problems your heat pump is having, Rick’s Heating & Cooling should be the first ones you call! Our heat pump repair experts have been fixing heat pumps throughout Wyoming area for decades. If you need heat pump repair, call us today at (513) 899-6005!