Do you have family members who suffer from allergies? Or are you noticing an increase in respiratory issues and colds? Help relieve these issues by having a whole-house air cleaner installed in your home. It’s one of the best ways to improve your indoor air quality! These air cleaners—which are installed directly into your home’s HVAC system and ductwork—can remove as much as 99% of airborne allergens, mold, and spore-sized particles.
To schedule air cleaner installation in your Cincinnati area home, call Rick’s Heating & Cooling today at (513) 899-6005 or contact us online!
How Much Does a Whole-House Air Cleaner Cost?
According to studies conducted by the Environmental Protection Agency, contaminant levels found inside the average home are often five to nine times higher than those found outdoors. A whole-house air cleaner works to reduce indoor pollutants by up to 99%, and they are most often installed within the return duct line as part of the central HVAC system. Depending on the type of filtration system you choose, a whole-house air cleaner can range in price from around $1,000 to upwards of $5,000 or more, with a national average price of around $1,900.
Benefits of Cleaner Indoor Air
Regardless of how often or how well you clean, tiny particulates such as pet dander, pollen, dust, and fumes can linger in the air and on surfaces throughout your home. Those who suffer from allergies or asthma may feel the effects of these unwanted contaminants, including increased respiratory illnesses, dry nasal passages, headaches, fatigue, nasal congestion, and more. A whole-house air cleaner is an investment toward the health and safety of your family, and when you consider that most Americans spend 75% or more of their time at home, the benefits of this technology become clear:
- Less cleaning. Dust is comprised of various components from dead skin cells to cloth fibers, and over time will settle on the surfaces in your home. With a whole-house air cleaner, you can extend the time in between cleaning because much of the dust that is created will be trapped within the system before it can recirculate.
- Fewer odors. Airborne particles generated during cooking, smoking, or other activities can linger in the environment for hours or days afterward and leave your home smelling stale or unpleasant. By trapping these particles, a whole-house air cleaner can eliminate most odors quickly and leave your home smelling fresh.
- Healthier air. Air cleaners provide year-round relief from pollutants, contaminants, and bacteria that can cause health issues or trigger symptoms in those who suffer from asthma or allergies.
- Prolonged life span of your HVAC system. An HVAC system that is clean and well maintained will last longer than one that is dirty or has been neglected. Contaminants that are allowed to circulate and settle within the filter and on system components can force your equipment to work harder than necessary and cause unnecessary wear and tear that can lead to premature system failure.
Aprilaire Air Cleaner Installation in Cincinnati, Morrow & Surrounding Areas
Good – Aprilaire 2210/2410
The Aprilaire 2210/2410 is the best choice of air cleaners for allergy sufferers. Aprilaire 2210 and 2410 Whole-House Media Air Cleaners deliver the most efficient, cost-effective air cleaning for your home.
This model is equipped with patented filtering media that can give you exceptionally clean air throughout your home at a very affordable price. It also:
- Traps 98% of pollen and mold spores
- Permanently captures at least 97% of bacteria and fungi
- Traps 96% of pet dander and respirable dust
- Traps approximately 75% of tobacco smoke and smog
Better – Aprilaire 4200/4400
If you want whole-home air cleaning that couldn’t be easier, the Aprilaire 4000 series air cleaner with active control is the clear choice. These high-performance air cleaners with user-friendly allergen and irritant control right at your fingertips provide superior cleaning benefits and proven results. The 4000 series (4200/4400 models) removes 97% of pollen, airborne dust, and other large particles while permanently trapping indoor allergens that can lead to respiratory problems.
Best – Aprilaire 5000
The Aprilaire Model 5000 Whole-home electronic air cleaner has been rated #1 three years running by a leading product rating magazine. The Aprilaire 5000 electronically charges particles and traps them like a magnet better than any other air cleaner—using 72 square feet of Aprilaire-branded filtering media. The Model 5000 is tried, true, and tested—delivering the highest efficiency possible. It traps 99% of airborne pollen, mold, and spore-sized particles!
- Prevents dust build up in your home
- Remote controlled
- Maximizes the life span of your heating and cooling equipment
- Kills particles less than a micron in size (up to 120 times smaller than a human hair)
- Low maintenance
- Improves energy savings
Choose Rick’s Heating & Cooling for Indoor Air Cleaner Installation
If you’re looking for a family-friendly HVAC contractor in the Cincinnati, Morrow, or Lebanon, OH areas, give us a call! We know how valuable your time is, which is why we book our appointments within a two-hour window with the availability of call-ahead service, so you’ll know when we’re on our way!
For more information on our air cleaner installation services in Cincinnati, Morrow, and surrounding areas, give us a call at (513) 899-6005 or contact us online!