What Is a Dual Fuel Heat Pump?
A dual fuel heat pump is one of the most energy efficient HVAC systems on the market, and it can help you reduce energy costs and stay comfortable in your home or commercial building all year round! Unlike a traditional HVAC system, a dual fuel heat pump acts as both a heating system and a cooling system to heat your building during the cold winter months and keep temperatures cool during warm summer months. A heat pump uses the transfer of heat to keep rooms comfortable, removing heat from indoors and releasing it outdoors during the summer and extracting heat from outdoors and releasing it indoors during winter months.
Dual fuel heat pumps utilize gas or oil as an energy backup. More simply, since heat pumps move heat rather than producing heat, a dual fuel heat pump uses the assistance of a gas furnace or oil furnace to heat your home when temperatures drop below freezing. Doing so allows it to heat your home, office, storefront, or commercial building more efficiently.
Dual Fuel Heat Pump Benefits
There are many benefits to a dual fuel heat pump, including:
- Energy efficiency – Dual fuel heat pumps only use natural gas or oil once temperatures drop below freezing (32 degrees Fahrenheit) and use electricity during warmer months to remove heat from your building. By using electricity as its main source of energy, dual fuel heat pumps are more efficient than traditional furnaces and air conditioning units.
- Greater comfort – When heating your home with a gas or oil furnace, the air circulated throughout your ductwork tends to be drier and can cause frequent nosebleeds, sore throats, coughing, and an increased sensitivity to allergens. With a dual fuel heat pump you’ll experience better indoor air quality.
- Flexibility – Since a dual fuel heat pump uses multiple energy sources to properly heat and cool your property, you can set customized temperature parameters to automatically switch heating and cooling sources.
- Environmentally friendly – Dual fuel heat pumps are an environmentally friendly heating and cooling system to install in your home or office, using electricity to power approximately 85 percent of its use.
Our Dual Fuel Heat Pump Services
At Rick’s Heating & Cooling, we prove top-quality dual fuel heat pump services throughout southwestern Ohio. Since our doors first opened for business in 1986, families and businesses in the Cincinnati, Ohio area, our customers have trusted us for:
- Dual fuel heat pump installation
- Dual fuel heat pump repair
- Dual fuel heat pump maintenance
- And more!
Contact us today to schedule your estimate!