If you have noticed your energy costs skyrocketing once you turn your AC system on, or you have a system that is older than 10 years old, you may be wondering if replacing your system is worth it. It is likely you have heard that an energy efficient air conditioner model is better than an older model; however, you may still be wondering why you should actually replace your current AC and is it really going to benefit your home. Below, the air conditioning experts in Morrow, Ohio explain the benefits of an energy efficient air conditioner and how you can install one in your home.
The Benefits of Installing an Energy Efficient Air Conditioner
There are many reasons why you may want to consider replacing an older model AC with an energy efficient model.
- Cost. One of the more popular benefits is the cost savings. Even though you may have the initial upfront cost of replacing your unit, choosing the right energy-efficient AC unit can greatly reduce your costs.
- Comfort. Another great reason to install an energy efficient AC unit is for comfort reasons. Energy efficient models work smarter, not harder to increase the comfort levels of your home. No more sweating it out even when the air conditioning unit is running.
- Repairs. Installing an energy efficient AC unit will give you fewer reasons to call the repair man. The fact that these units are designed to minimize the on and off cycling that older units do will help reduce stress on your system. This results in a reduction in repairs and a longer life span.
- Freon. As Freon phases out having an older unit could become costly and almost impossible to run. New energy efficient systems do not use Freon so you won’t need to worry about the high cost of replacing your systems Freon.
- Clean. Helping the environment is an advantage of an energy-efficient model that you may feel doesn’t affect you directly. However, leaving a better environment for our children and grandchildren is a big advantage when it comes to replacing older systems with new energy efficient models.
Choosing an Energy Efficient Air Conditioning Unit
When you are looking for an energy efficient air conditioning model you should be looking for a model with a SEER rating of at least 16. This number will give you a very efficient model and can also help you qualify for some tax rebates. Talk to your local heating and cooling expert to find out which model will work for your home. It is important to have the right size unit to maximize the benefits of an energy efficient air conditioning unit.
If you need more help choosing an energy efficient AC unit for your home in Ohio, call the experts at Rick’s Heating & Cooling.
Energy Efficiency AC Installation
Ricks Heating & Cooling has been working in the Morrow and Cincinnati, OH areas for over three decades. We offer a full range of heating and cooling services to help keep your home comfortable year round. If you would like to know more about installing a high-efficiency air conditioning unit, contact our team today at 513-899-6005.