When you have leaky ducts, you may as well throw your money in the garbage! According to ENERGY STAR, a typical home loses 20 percent of the air moving through your duct work because of leaks! That can cause a host of problems, including:
- Higher utility bills
- Inconsistent temperatures from one room to another
- Stuffy and uncomfortable rooms
- And more!
Don’t waste your money on leaky ducts any longer! Contact Rick’s Heating & Cooling today at 513-899-6005 to schedule your estimate for duct sealing in Cincinnati and the surrounding Ohio areas.
Why Your Ductwork Is Important
Everyone knows the saying “out of sight, out of mind,” and often times, this is the case for your ductwork. However, this unseen portion of your HVAC equipment has a significant impact on your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, and performance. When you have leaky ducts, they allow the conditioned air in your home to escape into crawl spaces, behind walls, and pretty much everywhere except where you want the air to be—in the living spaces of your home.
So what can you do to prevent or eradicate leaky ducts in your home? The experienced professionals at Rick’s Heating & Cooling recommend duct sealing. There are a number of advantages to having properly sealed ductwork, including:
- Comfort – Sealing your ducts can help alleviate common home comfort problems, such as stuffy, uncomfortable rooms.
- Indoor air quality – When you have leaky ducts, it means there are gaps or holes in your duct system. That means things can not only escape your ducts, but enter them as well. Fumes from household and garden chemicals, insulation particles, and dust can enter your ductwork and be circulated throughout your home.
- Safety – During normal operation, your gas appliances (including furnaces, water heaters, clothes dryers, etc.) safely release combustion gases such as carbon monoxide through their ventilation systems. Unfortunately, leaky ducts can cause what is known as “backdrafting,” which means these dangerous and toxic gases are drawn back into the ductwork and distributed into your home. This is incredibly dangerous, and even fatal.*
- Money saved – Imagine the air seeping out of your leaky ducts as dollar bills floating away in the wind—because that’s pretty much what’s happening! When air is able to escape out of your ductwork, it means that the energy used by your heating and cooling equipment to condition that air (and the money it cost you) is wasted. Duct sealing can help you save money on your utility bills and keep you from wasting energy.
- Environmentally friendly – The energy used in your home most likely comes from the burning of fossil fuels at power plants, which contributes to smog, acid rain, and global warming. Essentially, the less energy we use in our homes (and the less we waste) the less we contribute to air pollution.
*If you believe your home has a carbon monoxide leak or you are experiencing any symptoms such as a dull headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, confusion, or blurred vision, evacuate immediately and call 911.
Schedule Your Duct Sealing Today
Don’t put up with leaky ducts any longer! Take control of your home’s energy use by scheduling duct sealing today in the Cincinnati, OH area. The highly trained and skilled professionals at Rick’s Heating & Cooling can help you with all your ductwork services—just give us a call and schedule your professional estimate!