The average gas and oil furnace has a lifespan of 15 – 20 years with good annual maintenance, but you should think about replacing your system if it is more than 15 years old. Older furnaces often require more frequent repairs—the cost of which can add up quickly. Sometimes it is better to replace your furnace before it’s too late and too costly. You don’t want to be stuck in an increasingly cold house during the next stretch of freezing temperatures in the Cincinnati area!
Keep reading to learn more about your furnace’s expected lifespan and contact Rick’s Heating & Cooling for furnace repair and replacement in the Morrow and Cincinnati, Ohio area.
Extending Your Furnace’s Lifespan
There are some steps you can take to extend your furnace’s lifespan—or at least ensure it makes it to 15 – 20 years.
- Replace your filters each month that your system runs
- Check your ductwork and have it sealed if necessary to increase energy efficiency
- Call a professional HVAC company if your furnace stops working or needs repairs
- Schedule a furnace inspection every season to maintain the manufacturer’s warranty and improve performance
Schedule a Furnace Inspection & Tune-Up
One of the most important things you can do to increase the efficiency and longevity of your furnace is to schedule regular maintenance at the start of every heating season. Much like a car requires regular maintenance to run at maximum potential, your furnace needs to be tuned-up and inspected at the end of summer or beginning of fall.
By scheduling a furnace inspection and preventative maintenance with Rick’s Heating & Cooling, you can ensure that your equipment will run smoothly all season long. Inspections can also help extend a furnace’s lifespan by improving system performance and energy efficiency.
Furnace Replacement in Morrow, Ohio
While many furnaces will work efficiently and problem free during most of their life, after 10 – 15 years, a furnace will start showing signs of age in energy efficiency and system performance. Here are common signs that you need a replacement for your furnace:
- Your furnace is 10 – 15 years old
- Your heating bills continue to rise
- You frequently need to schedule furnace repair
- Your home is heating unevenly
- Your burner flame is blue
- Strange noises are coming from your system
Furnace replacement can be costly, but a professional heating company can install a more energy efficient system that can save you money on monthly heating bills and prevent future repairs on your old furnace.
If your furnace is starting to get up there in age and you think you need furnace repair or furnace replacement, call Rick’s Heating & Cooling today or fill out the form to the right!